Saturday, November 14, 2009

Featured Etsy Artist: BlueClara

Few images are quite as classic and nostaligic as that of a child's silhouette. Jamie, of BlueClara, started drawing silhouettes when she decided to make one as a mother's day gift for her own mom.  Now, drawing silhouettes is her obsession.



"I'm a former graphic designer and now I stay home with my two darling children. I finally reached that point where I needed an outlet for my creativity, so I established BlueClara. Silhouettes are currently my main obsession. I started drawing silhouettes when I decided to make one as a mother's day gift for my mom. Seeing my child's features in black and white made me a little misty-eyed and tugged at my heart strings. I figured other people would have a similar reaction when they saw their own loved ones in silhouette form and I liked the idea of being able to provide that sentimental feeling to other people. I love it when clients tell me how Grandma cried when she opened the silhouettes, or some other sweet story."




There is something inherently precious in the silhouetted image of a loved one. Through the stark black and white image, our mind can interpret and recognize a beloved face, a familiar little nose, the sweet turn of a pair of lips, or the wayward curls we love to brush and caress.

These images are captured for all time by Jamie's keen eye and gifted touch. Her Etsy shop makes it possible for anyone to commission a silhouette of their own loved ones, an image to be cherished, capturing one moment in time that we will remember for years to come.






But Jamie's work is not limited to capturing only children's profiles, of course. She can create her magical images from customers' photographs of children, adults, even pets!
 
"Since launching Blue Clara, I have drawn countless faces, pets, wedding couples, etc. and it never gets old. It is truly remarkable how something as simple as pure black can still show off the unique character of every individual I have drawn. Every face is different, which makes drawing each new silhouette a fun experience. I absolutely love it and can't wait to do more!"


 
Jamie has begun a series of silhouetted alphabet animal prints, featuring a silhouetted image for each letter of the alphabet. The series is a work in progress, but already many prints are available in her Etsy shop. These charming prints are perfect for kids' rooms and nurseries. Here is one of my favorites: "W is for Whale."

Colors can be changed to suit customer needs. The 8x10 silhouette prints are printed on high quality paper with archival pigment inks, and larger sizes are available. Just ask Jamie. Another favorite of mine is her "G is for Giraffe."



Visit Jamie's BlueClara Etsy shop for more images of her work, and for great gift ideas for the loved ones in your life. Jamie's talent

No comments:

Post a Comment