Sunday, November 29, 2009

Featured Etsy Artist: karenfaulknerart

Karen Faulkner's original watercolor paintings are inspired by color and nature. Each one is like a little poem on paper, with its startling simplicity and freshness of style.

"I strive for simplicity, serenity and heartfelt emotion with a minimal amount of brushstrokes in each painting, like watercolor haiku," Karen says. "Color, nature and emotion are my primary sources of inspiration."

I can't help but feel mesmerized by Karen's poetic splashes of color and shape. Her paintings are abstract and modern, fresh, and compelling in their bold simplicity.

"I’m almostly entirely self-taught as an artist," the artist says. "My professional background includes an MBA and I previously worked in marketing communications. Painting is restorative for me and I hope that a peaceful yet uplifting quality comes through."

"See You Soon" (pictured here) is an original watercolor painting inspired by a favorite song, "See You Soon" by Irish folk singer Luka Bloom.

"My customers tell me they love the freshness and simplicity of my work. I use only professional artists' quality pigments and acid-free, 100% cotton watercolor paper for my original paintings."






Karen offers original watercolors in several sizes on her Etsy shop. She also offers giclee prints of her paintings.












For more information on Karen's art, visit her blog and her Facebook Fan Page.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I adore Karen's art! Her flowers brighten up my day! :) My mom was especially thrilled with the red poppy I had custom painted for Mother's Day. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Karen's artwork! Her flowers brighten our walls, too :o) Lovely feature on a talented and wonderful artist!!

    ReplyDelete