Saturday, November 14, 2009

Featured Etsy Artist: MamaPatrice

I instantly fell in love with the amazing couture offerings by MamaPatrice on Etsy the moment I first saw them. Her creations are whimsical, fresh, and hip. She is clearly on top of her game, and in more ways than one, as you'll soon find out.

When Patrice Mitchell graciously agreed to be featured on Extraordinary on Etsy, I perused her Etsy shop, collecting the photos I wanted to showcase on my blog. Narrowing down my selection to just a few photos was very difficult, because they are all gorgeous and oh, so tempting. It didn't take me long to realize what an incredibly talented photographer Patrice is, as well. But first, let's talk fashion.

"I have always been an artist at heart, using one medium or another. Six years ago, I decided to teach myself to sew clothing for my daughters (and my sons as well) and soon after launched my clothing name, Mamapatrice."


"My inspiration for my work comes from many things. Sometimes it is just seeing a fabric I fell in love with, or colors, sometimes playing with colors I see. I just have to put certain colors together. My most recent design is made of silk and playing with the swatches I just had to make this ruby red silk dress with black and silver flower accents...and even hints of bronze. I am inspired with style that has a timeless, vintage feel. Sometimes a retro mood takes over."



One of her most stunning creations, I think, is Holly Jolly (shown above). "Holly Jolly" is a two-piece custom boutique set that features a sweet vintage retro apron blouse made with charming holiday prints and a hand-stitched Christmas Tree apron featuring the sentiment "Holly Jolly" in hand stitching. The blouse is completed by a pair of double ruffle pants fashioned from a vintage children's holiday print. This is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime outfit to be cherished by one very lucky little girl.

But not all of Patrice's designs are geared toward children. She also has a number of offerings designed for a teen or young adult market, as well, shown here.




Accessories round out her line of boutique items, as illustrated by this gorgeous flower hair clip below.




Now, in case you haven't noticed, there's a whole lot more to Patrice than just brilliantly executed clothing designs. She's also an incredibly talented photographer, as you can clearly see from her product photos above. As most Etsy artisans know, great product photography is one of the keys to success. And not only does Patrice do her own photography, but she has elevated those skills to a whole new level, ultimately leading her to launch a professional photography business.

"This year I have also launched a photography business, which has been a perfect blend with Mamapatrice. I am able to take my photography skills to new levels, and able to offer unique perks, other photographers can not. I offer little girls a mini Mamapatrice wardrobe to choose from, for their session. I also offer a session called the Mamapatrice Experience, where I make an outfit for my client and then they are photographed in this outfit, much like I do for my listings. It's been a wonderful marriage of my worlds. I love designing highly whimsical designs for children...with my touch of vintage and dash modern."

For more information on Patrice's clothing designs, as well as her photography, visit her website where you will find links to her blog, her Etsy shop, a Mamapatrice Website, and her Patrice Mitchell Photography website. Be prepared to get comfortable because you'll be spending a lot of time perusing her amazing photographs of her equally amazing, charming vintage and modern creations.

This woman has more talent in her little finger...

No comments:

Post a Comment